Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a coydog, can it be used for any kind of hunting?

I just had to have mine put to sleep last year, he was near 16 years old 90% blind and got to where he was unable to walk just standing up was a h ell of a task, just old age.


He was fine on rabbits and squirrels but way to aggressive on any other species.


But who ever says a coy is timid, has never owned a coy and probably don鈥檛 even know what a coy is that鈥檚 for sure.


I never was concerned about any one braking into my house while my coy was alive.


My coy would not back down from anything, when my coy was 5 years old I started raising wolves.


My new full grown male wolf (100% no hybrid) tried to show dominance well my coy cleared the fence and killed my male wolf that was twice the size of the coy before I could get in side the fence and stop the fight.


The coydog is the most aggressive animal I have ever met and I have had to kill them in the woods in my line of work.


One thing I found out is he has no fear of man, and not something you wont on your @ss.











That my opinion.





D58I have a coydog, can it be used for any kind of hunting?
As I understand it... coydogs are given to timidity in strange surroundings and somewhat skittish. So taking the hybrid to a strange tract of woods and using it to flush game or track game might be out. You might be better off getting a different kind of dog for hunting and keep the coydog for the novelty. You'll both be happier.I have a coydog, can it be used for any kind of hunting?
It would be good for Bear or Mountain Lion hunting.... as bait.
coydogs are great targets ha!ha! just joking

No comments:

Post a Comment