Friday, August 6, 2010

Is pig Hunting with dogs bad yes or No? and why!?

I dont think pig hunting with dogs (dogging) i do it..i just wanted to no other pepoles opinions!!Is pig Hunting with dogs bad yes or No? and why!?
Surprised you haven't gotten more responses from the insane society.





It's sport hunting and no different than any other sport hunting.


You are still the one that decides if you take the shot or not.Is pig Hunting with dogs bad yes or No? and why!?
see you're treading a grey line with this question. The dogs well being is often the first concern of people on this site... and wild pigs can get pretty big and they're kinda tough ol' buggers.. so many people will see it as you knowingly putting your dog in harms way.





There of course are other people who are life long hunters who think you should only use a dog to find or retrieve the animal and you do all the dirty work.





And then there are the gamers. The people who still enjoy going on fox hunts and seeing the fox being ripped apart by the pack of fox hounds that chase it. They don't see a dog as a companion but rather as just another form of weapon to hunt with.





There is a lot of grey area between these groups. I personally don't know where I stand with it, you could take the best care of your dogs of anyone in the world and they may love hunting wild pig with you. I'm just not much of a hunter so I'm not really comfortable with the idea of dogging. It's not illegal though so I guess whether others approve of it or not shouldn't really matter. Most people don't like or understand it so really you'll just be starting trouble where you don't need it by talking about it with people who probably aren't for it.
I love to see a dog do what it's bred to do...within reason. I'm not a hunting fan, personally. I don't see killing as a sport. That said, I don't impose my beliefs on my...dog. I accept that dogs are predators. They're also happiest when they have a job to do.
Pigs can be very dangerous, and hurt the dogs.
I am curious as to where you hunt pigs? In the wild's of Africa?





No it's not bad. Dogs have been used by mankind for eons to help him hunt. You might be better off using more than one though. Those pigs are mean.
yes its bad because the dogs' prey is a pig. so its like the prey is hunting prey.
YES!!!!!! Thats inhumane! How would you like some dogs chasing you trying to kill you?
IT's bad.. If you truly want to hunt, you should be hunting with your own skills and for food only.
It's not a bad thing, depending on whether or not they use the pig as in butcher it or not, I can't stand it when people just hunt for the sake of tusks or antlers or just to mount that thing on the wall....all of that stuff is well and good, but they need to use the animals body if they are going to take it's life, at least make some use of it instead of tossing everything but one part that they can mount. Anyway, back the ther question, I believe that dogs should do what they were bred to do, I mean that's why there are different breeds in the first place. Just like the Louisiana Catahoula Hog Dog, that's in fact what this breed excells at!





Oh, and you don't have to go to the wilds of Africa to hog hunt....I live where you can take a little drive and be in the middle of wild hog country!
Bad for the pig and can get the dogs hurt.





I have prey dogs, but don't use them to hunt, they are companion animals now.
Hunting is hunting. Not for me but it is for alot of folks. I have a German Shorthair that we don't hunt. As a result, we have to keep him almost overly excersised and very challenged. He is a great boy, but he is a hunter. Would have been a great hunting dog, but... Now he's a great love that's always tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment