Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When job hunting, do recruiters somehow discriminate based on past employer's mistakes, bankrupcy/ legal prob?

My husband just lost his job because the Company is being sued by the IRS. It was all over the news and everything, looking real bad. Will recruiters (subconsciously or not) not hire him even though he learned a lot.... (he's in IT)





I am asking this question because the Company I was with for 6 years went Bankrupt a few years ago. I was even a recent college grad at the time and found it incredibly difficult to find anything (even jobs I thought were under me). Certainly there could have been other reasons, but I am wondering if this added to it and how my husband should proceed when looking.





Anyone?When job hunting, do recruiters somehow discriminate based on past employer's mistakes, bankrupcy/ legal prob?
I am a recruiter. I do not, if anything it makes a even more legit reason why you are looking. Passive candidates, and candidates that are looking because of company downsizing or closure are the best candidates in the world.





Unless he shreded the papers at enron, he should be okWhen job hunting, do recruiters somehow discriminate based on past employer's mistakes, bankrupcy/ legal prob?
In my opinion a company could have gone bankrupt for a myriad of reasons. Any good recruiters would not allow that to serve as a detterent, you husband needs to ensure that he has put together a really decent resume that would make his skills, achievement and experiences to stand out.





Good IT people are always in short supply, I believe that if he can ensure that his resume is prepared as a marketing document and he prepares well for interviews a job should be not too far off in the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment