Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who is or has been hunting this season?

im going for kudu, warthog, blesbuck,mountainreedbuck and some others this year..............................Who is or has been hunting this season?
Yeah Kudu and Warthog is the best to hunt. I am looking forward to having 'biltong' and 'dro毛wors'! Absolutely love it. And although I'm a lady, I like hunting. Its fun and you learn a lot from some ppl...Who is or has been hunting this season?
a guy at hubbys work goes hunting, I think for Kudu, then sells half (cut into nice pieces by the butcher for R600) Im not so sure about eating that much kudu - we dont even know what it tastes like! But the price is good and it has no BST or other antibiotics/growth hormones so technically it is *organic* which is normally an expensive diet to follow
Got a few duck and hare, only thing to hunt here in Portugal! (Season here now closed)
Personally, I don't approve of hunting unless you're going to skin and eat the animal yourself. Culling doesn't count because it's our fault in the first place they don't have enough space to live in.


If it's a ';true'; hunt (you stalk the animal yourself - not the guide) then I think it's fair. That's the only kind of hunting I will do.





Edit:





Sorry, no I'm not going hunting this season :)
I do not find the murder of defenseless animals recreational.


I have however been on 2 weekends away to game farms near Naboomspruit.
I don't hunt, but my fiance and friends are going on a hunting weekend in June, I don't mind because I'll be getting biltong from it. I must confess, if I should see the animal that is being shot, then I wouldn't eat the meat, I can't eat something I looked in the eyes... it is like eating your own dog....





(I don't want to step on your toes, I just feel sorry for the poor things, but I can't wait for that biltong... yummy!!!)
I have no personal objection to hunting, especially as you describe your hunting. That is at least half way to being fair. I do not however hunt.





I have to admit I am not keen on the taste of venison either.
  • pimple
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment